The Best of Expo West 2014
I had the pleasure of attending Natural Products Expo West for the first time this month. Do you know what Expo West is? It’s basically a busy paradise filled with venders, buyers, retailers, education workshops, and brands unveiling their new natural products. I had the honor of attending as “Press” this year so I could come back and tell our readers about all of the amazing new gluten-free, organic, vegan, natural, etc products they have to look forward to.
Here, in no particular order, are the top 20 products I’m most excited about. (Note: There are a ton more products I’m in love with that I’ll be talking about for months to come, it was almost impossible to limit this list to 20 items.) Subscribe to our newsletter for announcements on upcoming giveaways, discounts, and promotions. (We have a ton of giveaways coming up, so subscribe to our newsletter on the right hand side of your screen today!)
1. Pure Bar: All of their flavors are amazing, but the number 1 contender is their new Peanut Butter Chocolate Ancient Grains Bar. This bar is not lnly delicious, but it's also certified organic, non-GMO, certified gluten-free, and vegan. That's a whole lot of certifications for 1 bar!
2. Santé Nuts Sweet & Spicy Pecans. Here's what's so cool about these tree nuts: they are made in a peanut free facility. Those of you who are allergic to peanuts and not tree nuts are jumping for joy, right? No risk of cross-contact when you're working with a peanut-free facility! Top top it off, these nuts are like a party in your mouth. They start off sweet and end with a nice spice. Their Candied Pistachios are a very close second.
3. Pascha Organic Chocolate: Every one of their products make this list. When I can find organic chocolate that's Fair Trade Certified, I'm hooked. They even have 100% cacao options.
4. Canyon Bakehouse: You all know by now how obsessed I am with all of their products. Their bread and buns taste like the real thing. They're chewy, not at all crumbly, and the best thing since, well, sliced bread.
5. Acure: Acure beauty products are fair trade, organic, gluten-free, vegan, sulfate free, and free of paraben and phtalate. Basically, this company is just all around awesome. Below is a pic of my new favorite lip gloss!
6. Lucky Foods Gluten-free Spring Rolls. Certified non-GMO, these gems are one of the products I'm most excited to see on store shelves this year. Seriously, I can't remember the last time I had a spring roll.
7. Halo Top Creamery: Packing 7 grams of protein and only 70-80 calories per serving, Halo Top Creamery made my day. Not only was their ice cream amazing, but they were kind enough to let me sit at the picnic table at their booth. I wish I had a picture of their super cute booth, but my phone died right when I sat down.
8. Natural Decadence Gluten-Free, vegan Smores Kit. No words needed. The picture and product name say it all.
9. Udi's Kale & Broccoli Lasagna. Udi's is brancing into the frozen meals market. Gluten-free meals you can heat in the microwave. Their new cookie flavors are also down-right amazing. How do they get their packaged cookies to be so soft?
10. Pamela's Products Figgies & Jammies. This nostalgic treat is sweet and will remind you of childhood. Fun fact: They make these on a 50 year old piece of equipment!
11. Nutrasumma Vanilla Pea Protein. I've written about my love for Nutrasumma's Dragon Blood Extract and how it helped to cure my back pain. Now I'm letting you know about their Vanilla Pea Protein, which is gluten-free, vegan, soy-free, and blends so smoothly in the water, you'd never know it was a powder.
12. Naked Infusions Organic Medium Ripe Tomato Salsa. I'm admittedly a salsa snob. When I tried Naked Infusions Ripe Tomato Salsa, I immediately fell in love.
13. Alter Eco Truffles- Another one I don't have a picture of, mainly because I couldn't stop myself from eating them to take a picture.
14. Berry Breeze: This is one of the coolest devices I've ever seen. It keeps your refrigerator smelling good while keeping your produce fresh. This is a big deal for those of us who buy organic and want to extend the shelf life of our fruits and veggies. I don't know why I can't find my picture of this amazing device, but when I do, I'll update the article!
15. Clearly Kombucha: For those of us who love the benefits of Kombucha but hate the vinegar flavor that so many of them have. This seriously tastes like a soda. (This is a pic of my lunch, shout out to Cabo Chips!)
16. Credible Cravings: For all of you moms who are expecting, planning to have a baby soon, or have recently had a baby (or who just want some quality nutrition), Credible Cravings is the bar for you. This bar is organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, soy-free, Kosher, and filled with probiotics and omegas.
17. Dry Soda: I'm not a soda drinker, mainly because I think they are too sweet. This all changed when I discovered Dry Soda. Dry soda is made from real ingredients and is half as sweet as other sodas on the market. One of my favorite new beverages!
18. Glutino Honey Mustard Pretzels. Let's just say my husband, daughter, and I polished off the bag in less than 5 minutes. They are beyond delicious, like lick your fingers delicious.
19. Bob's Redmill Gluten-free Pie Crust Mix: Again, the name says it all! Now I just need to decide which type of pie to bake!
20. Every single Blue Avocado product. This company is working to make a huge difference for our environment. Their re-usable, washable shopping bags, zip bags, produce bags, and lunch systems are functional and practical. The coolest part? They're made from recycled plastic bottles.